Know More About Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)
Ontario is Canada’s most populous province which is home to more than 40% Canadians.
In order to assist Ontario to fill its economic needs and labor market demands, the Ontario government operates the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP). The OINP is governed jointly by the provincial and the federal government with the help of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
What is the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)?
Under the OINP, potential foreign nationals can apply for permanent residency in Ontario. International students, foreign workers, and all other individuals including business people need to fulfill the prescribed qualifications, skills and experience to apply in this program.
Once the foreign nationals get selected, they are eligible to receive an Ontario Provincial Nomination Certificate that enables them to have quicker processing of their Canadian permanent residency application.
What are the categories in the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP)?
OINP has three main categories under which potential applicants can apply for permanent residency.
In the Employer category, there are three streams in which potential immigrants can apply. A permanent job offer from a Canadian employer is mandatory for applying under this category.
- Foreign Worker Stream
- International Student Stream
- In-Demand Skills Stream
In the human capital category, two primary streams accept applications. To apply, potential immigrants need to have their education from any eligible Ontario University. They also need to submit their application within two years of completing their education.
- Masters Graduate Stream
- Ph.D. Graduate Stream
Ontario’s Express Entry
Potential immigrants can apply in the either of the three streams available in the Express Entry category. To apply in this category, a person needs to have an online profile in the Express Entry system of the federal government. They will also need to receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario.
- French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
- Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Skilled Trades Stream
Two streams are present in the business category. An organization needs to be a global one to qualify under the business category. They will need to either purchase existing Canadian businesses in Ontario or set up a new office in Ontario to qualify. A person needs to be an entrepreneur outside Canada to be eligible under the entrepreneur stream.
- Corporate stream
- Entrepreneur stream
How does the Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) process operate?
In the application process for OINP, the applicants need to follow certain steps to apply for permanent residency in Canada:
- It is essential to confirm your eligibility to apply under the OINP program before you submit your application. Simply applying under a category will not help. You will need to ensure that your application meets all the requirements under the program and immigration stream.
- Once you have selected the stream of application, you will need to apply online. E-filing portal is the place where the application needs to be filed for processing.
- Necessary application fees need to be paid that is different for different streams.
- The final step involves applying for the permanent residency to the federal government if the provincial application is successful. Once the Ontario government nominates you, the final step will be to apply to the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC), who then takes the final decision on awarding the permanent residency.
How We Can Help
The well-informed immigration lawyers and Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants(RCICs) at Nanda & Associate Lawyers will assist you in all Provincial Nomination Programs. If you wish to apply under OINP, connect with us to discuss the options available to you. We will impart sound legal advice to help you on the path to a better and safer future for you.
Our Mississauga Immigration Lawyers are available for a no-obligation free initial consultation. Come and experience our quality legal counsel and personalized care we give to each client. We ensure prompt communication and a professional approach to achieve successful outcomes for you.
Feel comfortable interacting with our caring team who speak more than 15 languages like English, French, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Albanian, Hindi, Punjabi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali and much more.