Spousal Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship

spousal sponsorship

A Canadian citizen or permanent resident who wishes to bring their spouse, partner, or child can apply under this category of immigration. Spouse sponsorship has three different categories – spousal, common-law, and conjugal partner sponsorship. Each spouse sponsorship category has its own legal implications.

Our skilled lawyers have years of experience behind them in various aspects of immigration law, family law, and personal injury law in Mississauga. Not only can they help with all legal matters surrounding the spouse sponsorship application, but our personal injury lawyers in Mississauga can help guide you through the various aspects of a personal injury claim.

A permanent resident or citizen of Canada may submit an immigration application for Canadian spousal sponsorship if they seek to bring their partner or spouse to Canada. Canadian spousal sponsorship has three categories which include: spouse, common-law, and conjugal partner sponsorship. Each classification carries specific legal ramifications. Nanda & Associate Lawyers can help clients with any aspect of the Canadian spousal sponsorship immigration stream.

There are two ways to apply for the sponsorship:

  • Overseas spouse sponsorship– suitable for spouses or partners outside Canada
  • In-land spouse sponsorship– for a spouse (Husband, Wife, Common-law partner) living in Canada. The sponsored person needs to have legal status in Canada as a worker, student, or visitor.

Spousal Sponsorship Canada

This is a two-step application process:

  • A Person applies to the government with their “intent to sponsor”
  • The sponsored applicant can now apply for permanent residency after the sponsor’s application is approved
  • A police clearance certificate and medical examination need to be completed after the sponsorship application has been made (applicable for sponsorship applicants aged 18 years or older

There are some specific rules for sponsoring a child. The children being sponsored must be under 22 years of age and unmarried. In case the child is more than 22 years of age, they will be eligible for spouse sponsorship if they are financially dependent on parents due to any mental or physical condition.

Who Can be a Sponsor?

Eligibility criteria for a person, wishing to be a sponsor include:

  • Possess permanent residency or citizenship of Canada
  • Age should be 18 or older
  • Reside in Canada or show intent to reside in Canada once the sponsored applicant gets permanent residency of Canada successfully
  • Quebec sponsorship regulations need to be satisfied if the intent is to live in Quebec
  • Demonstrate suitable income receipts to cover the basic needs of the sponsored applicant

Inland spousal sponsorship gives applicants the ability to continue living in Canada while their application for permanent residence is processed. We can help with inland spouse sponsorship applications.

Inland Spousal Sponsorship Requirements

For a permanent resident to be deemed eligible for Inland spouse sponsorship, they must:

  • Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Canada
  • Be at least 18 years of age at the time of submitting their sponsorship application
  • Not have received spousal sponsorship to Canada within the last five years
  • Not be bankrupt, in prison, or charged with a serious offense
  • Not be under a removal order, if they are a Canadian permanent resident

Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Outland spouse sponsorship applications are submitted from abroad and spouses who reside in a country other than Canada. Outland sponsorship applications are processed by the visa office in the foreign national’s home country. If your loved one is not living legally in Canada at the time of application, Outland sponsorship is likely the only option available to you.

Learn more about Family Class Sponsorship Refusal: Spouse Sponsorship Application Refused 

If you need help with your spouse sponsorship immigration application, get in touch with our specialised immigration lawyers.Our skilled consultants will assist you in resolving all your immigration queries regarding spouse sponsorship in Mississauga. Whether it’s outland spouse sponsorship, inland spouse sponsorship, or general help with the whole application process, you can rely on us. Get in touch today.

Fill In the form below, We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.

Demo Description