In this program, foreign nationals can invest in a subsidiary or an affiliate of their business, based in the USA to obtain an L1 visa status.
Once they receive the L1 visa status, they are eligible to apply for the EB-1C process which entitles them to apply for and obtain the much-coveted US citizenship.
Who is eligible under the L1 program?
- Foreign businessperson’s with minimum one-year managerial experience out of the last three years
- The subsidiary or affiliate should be owned by the foreign businessperson’s company
- Managerial and technical employees of multi-national companies who may be transferred to their US branch and offices
Salient Features of the L1 program
- Minimum investment of USD$ 150,000 based on the nature of the business
- The average processing time of the application ranges from 30-90 days
- Spouse of the applicant receives L2 and can be employed in the US
- Dependent children of the applicant receive L2 status and can attend school in the US
- Parents of the applicant are not eligible for a dependent visa under this program
- Permanent residency application can be made after a minimum of three years on the L1 status
- Mandatory physical presence in the US
Under this program, the L1 holder is eligible to apply for US citizenship after holding the permanent residency for at least five (5) years.
How We Can Help
Contact Nanda & Associate Lawyers today to know more about which immigration program is most suitable for you and your family. We also offer legal counsel to assist you for similar investment routes to residency of other countries. Choose us, and we will help you select the suitable pathway for you.