There are several business visa programs that you can apply for to immigrate to Canada as an entrepreneur. All these programs are very different from the others. Therefore, it’s crucial for anyone planning to apply to Canada for a business visa to understand these programs completely. Here’s everything you need to know about the Canadian business visa programs.
For you to be able to qualify for a start-up program, you need to meet the eligibility criteria for the program and the general admissibility criteria to enter Canada.
For you to be eligible for the program, you need to:
- Have a qualifying business
- Have a letter of support from one of the designated organizations
- Have an intermediate proficiency in both French and English
- Have enough money to be able to support yourself and your family before you start making money from your business in Canada.
These are the general requirements that apply to everyone entering Canada and not just the program’s candidates.
This program is for people who have enough capital to purchase or set up their own business in Canada. This helps to improve the Canadian economy and creates job opportunities. Following are the requirements of the entrepreneur program.
- Set up, purchase, or invest in a business within two years of coming to Canada
- Active management of the business
- Employ at least one other person (not an immediate family member)
Self-Employed Persons Program
This program is also for people who have enough capital to set up their own business or purchase a small business for themselves in Canada. This will contribute to the economy of the country. Following are the requirements of the program.
- Applicant must have relevant experience
- Applicant must be willing and able to work in Canada
- Applicant must meet the selection criteria of the program
The program’s selection criteria are based on experience, age, education, language proficiency, and adaptability.
Business Provincial Nominee Programs
These are also known as Business PNPs. There are a lot of different business PNP programs. Following are some of the PNPs you can apply for in Canada.
- Manitoba PNP
- New Brunswick PNP
- Northwest Territories PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Ontario PNP
- Prince Edward Island PNP
- Quebec PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
If you’re planning to apply for a Canadian business visa or are in the process of applying, contact Nanda and Associate Lawyers Professional Corporation. We’re Canadian immigration Lawyers who can make your dream to study in Canada come true. We also have a branch in India with the best immigration consultant in Ludhiana.
For any immigration-related trouble, book a free consultation right away!