The application timeline for permanent residency under Express Entry program has been shortened to sixty (60) days by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The new application timeline is for the Express Entry candidates who will be receiving their Invitations to Apply (ITA) after June 26, 2018. The electronic application will need to be submitted by the Express Entry candidates now, within the aforementioned sixty (60) calendar days.
All the Express Entry candidates who received an ITA on or before June 25, 2018, will still be given a timeline of 90 days.
Know More About the Express Entry Program
Express Entry is an application program designed to manage three economic immigration classes of Canada. The candidate pool for the Federal Skilled Trades Class, the Federal Skilled Worker Class and the Canadian Experience Class is managed under this program.
The Express Entry application process includes many steps including:
- The Express Entry pool is comprised of eligible candidates who have applied for immigration under the three classes
- Eligible candidates in the Express Entry pool submit their profile and are assigned scores under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS)
- Highly ranked candidates from the Express Entry pool are chosen by IRCC for the issuance of an Invitation to Apply
- After receiving the ITA, the electronic application of e-APR and supporting documents need to be submitted online within the revised application timeline of 60 calendar days
- The revised timeline of 60 calendar days begins after receipt of the ITA
- The average processing time of IRCC after receiving the application remains six months and is processed under the Global Case Management System.
Previously in 2016, IRCC had increased the application timeline from 60 to 90 days as a response to applicant concerns on the timeline being far too short. In this time, within the 60-day deadline, more than 90% of the Express Entry candidates submitted their applications.
Now, the new, shorter timeline of 60 days will push candidates to get their documents ready timely and not wait till the last weeks. Doing this, would ensure faster application turnaround times and avoid any mistakes at the same time.
At Nanda & Associate Lawyers, we understand that you may have questions regarding the Canada Immigration process and Express Entry for yourself or a friend or colleague. Contact our Law Firm today to reach a Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant and get started on the process professionally and efficiently.